With Influencer Marketing still being a fairly new market, we’re often faced with hurtles that come with the territory. One of the biggest hurtles being the idea that many businesses, advertisers, agencies, and influencers haven’t had the opportunity to be educated on the best practices of working together through influencer marketing. Education is something that we’re really passionate about here at FYI, so today we wanted to share a few best practices for working on an influencer campaign, not just for advertisers, but also for influencers as well.
- Advertisers – Remember that Rome wasn’t built in a day when it comes down to creating a timeline for your influencer marketing campaign. Just as you need time to brainstorm, create and execute, influencers need time to create original and creative content. Keeping this in mind will only better your campaign in the long run.
- Influencers – At the end of the day, the advertisers you’re working with need a way to show their return on investment so that they can continue to partner with you and offer more campaign opportunities. Keep this in mind when reading through partnership guidelines and looking to what they’re asking to be done in order to be able to visually see that ROI.
- Advertisers – Influencers know their audience better than anyone else. Try to remember this when asking for original content to be created, or when requesting specific verbiage to be included in their social posts. These influencers know how to talk to their audiences, and will do a great job making your campaign their own.
- Influencers – It can be upsetting when you’re so excited and waiting for something to arrive and it ends up showing up late, or sometimes even days after it was supposed to come, right? Advertisers feel the same when they’re waiting for you to post to your blog or social sites, so keep these deadlines in mind and work your hardest to meet every single one.
- Advertisers and Influencers – This one is for you both, and it’s pretty simple. Be kind to one another! At the end of the day, you’re in this together and both want to see your ideas and content succeed and flourish. So work as partners and communicate along the way to create an incredibly effective and creative campaign.
Ready to start your journey with Find Your Influence? Whether you’re an advertiser or an influencer, we encourage to check out our website and sign up for FYI profile today.